Hattiesburg, Mississippi – After several months of necessary upgrades, Hattiesburg’s three community pools will open for the hot summer months on Monday, June 5.
Located at Vernon Dahmer Park (100 Country Club Road), CE Roy Community Center (300 East 5th Street) and Ben McNair Center (300 North 12th Avenue), the pools will follow the schedule below:
- Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.; 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The cost for swimming is $1 per day, and swimmers must follow all pool rules posted in the proximity of the swim areas. They include (but are not limited to):
- Obey lifeguards and rules at all times.
- Swimmers must wear appropriate swim attire.
- Swimmers age 12 and younger must be accompanied by a responsible adult or person over the age of 18 years old at all times.
- Outside food, alcohol or glass containers are not allowed.
“Throughout the last few months, our Parks & Recreation team has made significant upgrades to all of our pool facilities to get them ready for the summer months,” said Betsy Mercier, interim director of Parks & Recreation. “Staffed with certified lifeguards, our three community pools are a great resource for all of our families and youth to cool off during the summer months.”
Approximately $80,000 were spent in making key upgrades to each pool facility. They include resurfacing and painting at the Vernon Dahmer Park pool, and all pools received new lights, skimmers and signage.
Pools will be closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays for weekly maintenance. Certified lifeguards will be on duty at all times.
To learn more about the pools, green spaces and additional summer programming, visit hattiesburgms.com/hubcitysummer.
Read original article by clicking here.